Parents facing the prospect of cramped and cranky kids in over-packed cars this summer are being urged to leave the family run around at home and rent instead. Europcar, the UKs leading vehicle rental operator offers its top tips for keeping the kids happy in the car and believes parents should be taking advantage of all the benefits of rental in the UK to ensure both they and the kids have a stress free start to the holidays.
With up to half price rentals available from Europcar until 16th August* and nationwide delivery and collection to make rental easy for time-strapped parents, car rental not only provides a clean, reliable and spacious car thats guaranteed to be less than 6 months old, but a safer journey too with less distraction from restless children.
Europcars Top Tips for Keeping the Kids Happy:
– Make sure small children are sitting high enough to see out of the window and that they are in suitable seating for their age. (Booster seats are available to purchase from selected airport locations)·
– Keep the car well-ventilated or rent a car with air conditioning. This will make children more comfortable and can help avoid travel sickness.·
– Avoid heavy meals, particularly meals with a high fat content, before and during travel. Keep snacks and drinks plain and encourage children to sip water rather than gulp it.
– Create a travel journal or make a map of where you are going to keep children interested in the journey and the landmarks they will see along the way.
– Consider travelling overnight so children can sleep through the journey or time journeys to coincide with naps for younger children. Some families find an early morning start preferable. Allow the children to sleep for a few hours in the car and then stop for breakfast when they wake.
– Allow for plenty of time for the journey and include frequent stops this also gives mum and dad a chance to share the driving.
– Rent a bigger vehicle so that everyone is comfortable if you are at risk of having too much luggage.
– Avoid hand-held computer games if children are prone to car-sickness instead go for old favourites like I-Spy. Also, take an old favourite toy and something new that the children have never seen before to keep them interested for longer.
Catriona Lougher, Consumer Marketing Director for Europcar said: Renting for holidays abroad is taken for granted but theres much to be gained from renting at home as it really takes the hassle out of holiday preparations.
We all know how much rubbish a family car can collect, but with rental all cars come fully valeted and clean as a whistle. There are no worries over maintenance or road side assistance and you can even forget having to fuel up or refuel when you get back if you buy fuel inclusive rates. With delivery and collection available, a car on average just 3 months old with plenty of room for all the family plus luggage will be delivered to your door. And the fun of driving a nearly new car is all part of the experience!
Cash conscious families choosing to stay in the UK this summer can take advantage of Europcars great summer promotion. *Rentals booked from 14th July to 16th August 2008 online at www.europcar.co.uk will be up to half price. For example, a small car such as the Chevrolet Matiz 1.0 will cost from just £9.99 per day for a three day weekend rental.
To book log on to www.europcar.co.uk
Notes to Editors
Owned by the French private equity firm Eurazeo, Europcar is the European leader in passenger car and light utility vehicle rentals. Since March 2007 with the acquisition of Vanguard EMEA (National & Alamo brands), its network comprises over 5,300 rental outlets in 160 countries. Europcar serves business and leisure customers throughout Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America and the Asia-Pacific region. Excluding franchise operations, in 2007 Europcar signed more than 10 million rental contracts, with 7,700 employees and a fleet exceeding 215,000 vehicles.
For more information: www.europcar.com
For further press information please contact: Dominic Dennis, Madeleine Roles, Elinor Puzey or Alison Reeson at HSL, Churcham House, 1 Bridgeman Road, Teddington,, Middlesex, TW11 9AJ. Telephone: 020 8977 9132 Fax: 020 8977 5200 or email: email@example.com