Europcar, the UKs leading vehicle hire provider is offering families its top tips for keeping boredom at bay this half term. Catriona Lougher, Marketing Director said: Huddling in the car out of the wind and rain is not everyones idea of a perfect holiday and can give rise to frayed tempers and frustrated kids. But with the right clothing to brave the elements and some games up your sleeve to see through the worst downpours, a bit of wind and rain can actually be quite exhilarating.
Hiring a car for longer journeys certainly offers more space, comfort and reliability than the family run around. With our up to 30% discount this Autumn, and free delivery and collection from most locations, Europcar is making car hire simple, accessible and affordable for a half term get away in the UK.
Europcars Top Tips for Rainy Days:
- Stock the car with lots of snacks and drinks, wet wipes, CDs, paper and pens and pillows.
- Make sure small children are sitting high enough to see out of the window and that they are in suitable seating for their age. (Child seats are available to hire from all Europcar locations).
- Hand-held computer games are a very good way to keep kids occupied. Dont forget to bring extra batteries and to charge items such as mp3 players and games consoles.
- Audio books on CD can be engrossing for everyone and provide some respite for adults consider classics like Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings and Winnie the Pooh.
- Dont forget traditional games like I-spy, car snooker, word association games or what famous person am I?
- Give kids a backpack with their favourite toys and books, plus something new that will keep them quiet for a while longer.
- Sing! no matter how old the kids, Old MacDonald Had a Farm is always good fun or try songs from The Sound of Music, Mamma Mia or Oliver!
- Have a competition to see who can count the most passing red cars.
- Challenge the whole family to make up a story together taking turns to say a line or word each.
To take advantage of Europcars great Autumn discount of up to 30% off, call 0871 384 1089 or log on to www.europcar.co.uk. Alternatively, customers can book via Europcars on the go mobile service which allows customers to make reservations and find their nearest hire location, all from their mobile phone by simply logging on to http://mobile.europcar.co.uk