Van hire specialist helps SMEs keep up with seasonal demands
London, January 2013 Europcar, the leader in car hire services in Europe, has added van hire to its January sale, helping businesses stay on the road. The cost of van hire booked up to 31st January for reservations up to 31st August, excluding the Easter period, has been cut by up to 20%.
The current economic climate continues to put pressure on businesses of all sizes, explains Ken McCall Managing Director, Europcar UK Group. But for those organisations that can plan ahead, our January sale provides a great way to manage transportation costs through the year. Hiring, rather than having to find the funds for vehicle purchase, makes a lot of sense for businesses. And our January sale makes it even more cost-effective to add extra fleet to meet big orders, providing a vital lifeline for SMEs keen to keep their drivers on the road.
Europcar is also offering some useful tips for driving and loading vans for those businesses whose employees dont usually operate large vehicles.
Tips for driving a van
1. Vans are bigger than cars – Be aware of the width, length and height of the vehicle when hiring a van, especially if you’re not used to driving one
2. Take corners slowly – it is possible for heavy loads to move around if you take the corner too fast
3. Space for corners – Remember that larger vans need more room to turn so give yourself plenty of time and space when taking corners.
4. Stopping distance – Remember that the larger or heavier the vehicle, the longer it takes to stop, especially in icy or wet conditions.
5. Blind side – Watch out for cyclists and bikers who might be tempted to overtake on the blind side.
With van hire starting from just £18 per day and available from over 130 locations across the UK, Europcars great January sale means fulfilling and delivering orders doesnt have to cost the earth. Plus for added efficiency Europcar can deliver vans to business addresses through its weDeliver delivery and collection service.
Tips for loading a van
1. Start loading your items at the front of the van and work your way to the back.
2. Spread the load evenly across the base, uneven loads can have a massive effect on a van’s stability.
3. Keep all items stacked as tightly as possible to keep everything from shifting during the drive.
4. When loading a van, place heavy items on the floor of the vehicle, and plastic and lighter things on top of the heavier ones.
5. If you don’t fill the whole van, secure the back of your load with loading straps or other materials to keep them from moving.
6. When lifting a heavy load bend your legs not your back.
Our January van sale is ideal for businesses that can plan ahead and know that they will have a requirement for extra vehicles, perhaps to meet specific orders or seasonal demand, concluded Ken McCall. Europcars wide range of vans means we have the right vehicle no matter the size of the job and our hire packages also allow SME customers to hire for an hour, a day, a week or even longer.
With our up to 20% discount on van hire, combined with our top tips on safe van loading and driving, we think van hire from Europcar is the perfect answer to ensure SMEs can keep operating and meet the demands of their customers as cost-effectively and easily as possible.
*20% discount on bookings made by 31/01/2013 for hire until 31/08/2013
For further press information please contact the Europcar UK Press Office: Dominic Dennis, Arran Fano, Madeleine Roles or Wendy Harrison on 020 8977 9132. email@example.com
Europcar is the leader in car rental services in Europe. Present in 140 countries, the company provides customers with access to the worlds largest vehicle rental network through its own operations, franchisees and partnerships. With 6,500 employees committed to delivering customer satisfaction and an average fleet of 190,000 vehicles, Europcar is conscious of its corporate citizenship responsibilities. Winner of the first World Travel Award recognizing the World’s Leading Green Transport Solutions Company, Europcar also was honored with the Award in 2010 and 2011. Europcar is owned by Eurazeo.
For more information: www.europcar.co.uk