Europcar’s van hire offer from £14.50 per day makes spring cleaning easier
London, February 2014 – Although freezing and floods seem to be the norm for the UK’s weather at the moment, it may not be too long before the heating is turned off, the windows are opened and spring is welcomed. At this time of year thoughts often turn to the big ‘Spring Clean’ – a time to de-clutter from top to bottom, clearing out unwanted items. Making this necessary but sometimes arduous chore slightly easier, Europcar, the leader in car hire services in Europe, urges families to take advantage of van hire from just £14.50 per day.
Whether it’s taking unwanted junk to the local tip, or transporting large items to the charity shop, van hire from Europcar can take the strain off the family car. And recognising that it’s not always easy to work out what size of van is needed, Europcar provides tips for finding the right van for the job at www.europcar.co.uk
Understanding that driving a van can be unfamiliar for some customers too, Europcar also offers useful driving advice for getting behind the wheel of a larger vehicle. And a range of hire packages are available allowing customers to hire from just an hour to a day, a week or even longer.
“Removing clutter that’s been taking up precious space is a liberating experience and there is no better time to do this than during the traditional ‘Spring clean’ period”, says Ken McCall Managing Director, Europcar UK Group. “With van hire from as little as £14.50 per day, hopefully that will provide families with the motivation needed to have a clear out and make a fresh start for spring. And, because driving a van is different from driving a car, we offer advice to customers to help them stay safe, both on our website and when they pick up the vehicle.”
Europcar has over 200 locations across the UK, including a presence at all major UK airports with many branches open 24 hours a day. With a wide range of van makes and models, the right vehicle is easy to find, no matter the size of the job. From the Iveco Daily or Ford Transit, right up to bigger box vans, the Europcar van fleet offers the choice to suit a wide range of needs. Plus, all Europcar vans are fully maintained to manufacturer specifications and covered by 24 hour breakdown, for added peace of mind.
“Transport might not be the first thing that comes to mind when you think of the spring clean, but if you want to make the process as quick and stress-free as possible, it’s essential,” adds McCall. “Van hire from Europcar allows a big job to be handled easily – and it won’t cost the earth either.”
Driving a van is different from driving a car
Tips and advice from Europcar
Vans are bigger than cars
- Be aware of the width, length and height of the vehicle when hiring a van, especially if you’re not used to driving one
- Take care when parking or backing into a space
- Check the height of the van – which is clearly displayed in Europcar vans just above the driver’s side of the windscreen
- When driving under a bridge, look out for road markings that indicate how close you can drive to the edge
- Watch out for trees with low-hanging branches
Vans are designed to carry loads, not to handle like sports cars
- Ensure all the contents are secured before driving off
- Take corners slowly – it is possible for a heavily loaded van to tip over sideways if a corner is taken too fast
- Pay close attention to public warnings if driving on an exposed road in windy weather
- Larger vans need more room to turn so give more time and space when taking corners
- Remember that the larger or heavier the vehicle, the longer it takes to stop, especially in icy or wet conditions
Load Vans Carefully
- Remember to distribute cargo evenly to ensure the van handles correctly
- Load large items like furniture first
- Place mattresses, upholstery and tables on their sides against the wall
- Put heavy boxes at the bottom then the lighter on top of these
- Slide long items such as floor lamps in along the sides
- Place odd-shaped items on the top of your load if they are light enough
For further press information please contact the Europcar UK Press Office: Dominic Dennis, Arran Fano, Madeleine Roles or Wendy Harrison on 020 8977 9132. firstname.lastname@example.org
About Europcar Group:
Europcar is one of the leading mobility players in Europe. Present in over 130 countries, the group provides customers with one of the largest car rental networks through its own operators, franchisees and partnerships. Europcar operates worldwide its own brands Europcar® and InterRent, which is its low cost brand. It also operates the National and Alamo brands in EMEA. The group puts customers at the heart of its mission whether it is innovation or service. All the employees of the group are committed to delivering customer satisfaction. Europcar is actively promoting Corporate and Environmental social responsibility. Europcar has been recognised again in 2012 and for the 4th consecutive year, as the winner of the first World Travel Award and as the World’s Leading Green Transport Solutions Company. Europcar was honoured for the first time in 2012 with the “Europe’s Responsible Tourism Award”. Europcar is owned by Eurazeo, one of the leading listed investment companies in Europe.
For more information visit www.europcar.co.uk