Emirates Skywards members can now earn up to 1,000 Miles for every Europcar rental
Dubai & Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines – 1st April 2014 – Emirates Skywards, the frequent flyer programme of Emirates Airline, has partnered with Europcar, number one rental services company in Europe, with one of the world’s largest car rental networks and Middle East’s Leading Car Hire 2013. The partnership provides Emirates Skywards members with even more opportunities to earn Skywards Miles, awarding Miles for every booking with Europcar.
Emirates Skywards members will earn 600 Miles on rentals at all Europcar locations with Gold and Platinum members eligible for an additional 200 bonus Miles per rental. If a premium car is booked all membership tiers will earn a total of 1,000 Miles.*
Brian LaBelle, Senior Vice President, Emirates Skywards, and Marcus Bernhardt, Chief Commercial Officer, Europcar Group, recently signed the agreement at a ceremony held at Emirates Airline Headquarters in Dubai.
“We are constantly expanding Emirates Skywards to create a frequent flyer programme that takes our members far beyond the immediate travel experience, rewarding loyalty with exclusive privileges and other benefits. New strategic partners, such as Europcar, give additional opportunities to earn Miles and we are committed to offering more choice and flexibility. This partnership provides members with another terrific opportunity to earn Miles faster and redeem them for a range of exclusive rewards and benefits,” Brian LaBelle said.
Marcus Bernhardt, Chief Commercial Officer, Europcar Group, comments: “It is a great opportunity for our group to partner with Emirates Skywards, the award-winning frequent flyer programme from Emirates. We share a common customer focus: both our brands stand for high quality and customer satisfaction. This move will help us pursue our expansion in this growing market”.
Members of Emirates Skywards can redeem their earned Miles for an extensive range of rewards. Redemption options include hotel accommodation, sporting events access, excursions and exclusive shopping, as well as flights and upgrades. A round-trip in Economy Class from London to Dubai for example can be redeemed for as little as 45,000 Miles. Emirates Skywards also permits Miles to be transferred to friends and family and are earned on every Emirates flight and on every fare; bringing more rewards to customers and their loved ones.
About Emirates Skywards
Emirates Skywards, the award-winning frequent flyer programme from Emirates, offers four tiers of membership – Blue, Silver, Gold and Platinum – with each tier providing exclusive privileges. Members earn Skywards Miles whenever they fly on Emirates and partner airlines, or when they use the programme’s designated hotels, car rentals, financial, leisure and lifestyle partners. Skywards Miles can be redeemed for an amazing range of flight, leisure and lifestyle rewards. Launched in 2000, Emirates Skywards continues to attract new members extending its membership base to over 10 million members. For more information visit: www.emirates.com
Europcar is one of the leading mobility player in Europe. Present in over 130 countries, the group provides customers with one of the largest vehicle rental network through its own operators, franchisees and partnerships. Europcar operates worldwide its own brands Europcar® and InterRent, which is its low cost brand. It also operates the National and Alamo brands in EMEA. The group puts customers at the heart of its mission whether it is innovation or service. All the employees of the group are committed to delivering customer satisfaction. Europcar is actively promoting Corporate and Environmental social responsibility. Europcar has been awarder again in 2013 for the 5th consecutive year, by the World Travel Awards.Europcar is owned by Eurazeo, one of the leading listed investment companies in Europe.
* Please refer to the following Terms & Conditions:
- Emirates Skywards members can earn Miles on rentals at all Europcar locations booked through any channel. Rentals serviced by Europcar’s partners in USA and Canada are not eligible for earning Miles.
- Miles are earned per rental and are issued upon return of the vehicle.
- Gold and Platinum members will earn additional 200 bonus Miles when booking via www.emirates-skywards.europcar.com, and need to present their Emirates Skywards membership card at the rental location
- Europcar rates are inclusive of all mandatory charges, including tax, Collision Damage Waiver (CDW), Theft Waiver (TW), airport charges and vehicle registration fee when applicable. Mileage is usually unlimited, except in some countries or for rental products where limited mileage may apply. Please refer to Europcar’s rate conditions during the booking process. Discounts, if applicable, will be based on the basic rental rate excluding additional charges.
- Miles may not be earned on certain contract, tour operator, airline staff, truck, award rentals, car replacement, long term rentals, chauffeur service and some specific negotiated rates.
- Miles will be credited to the member’s Emirates Skywards account approximately six to eight weeks after the transaction.
- Members can claim missing Miles for a Europcar rental by visiting www.emirates-skywards.europcar.com. Retroactive Miles collection is only permitted within six months of the rental.
Media Contacts :
Public Relations Manager, Emirates
Office – + 9714 708 2336
Mobile – + 97156 224 1436
Nathalie Poujol / Maximilien Seguin
+33 (0)1 30 44 98 82